Information Collection and Use
You will be invited to register with ValidCare by your healthcare provider. ValidCare collects personal information such as e-mail address, unique identifying factors, sponsoring provider ID, and monitored health data for which you are registering and other related information that ValidCare may ask of you from time to time, and you may submit additional information and comments through the application and/or Site. It is always your choice whether or not to provide us with such information. If you choose not to provide the requested information you may not be able to use certain features or functions of this Site, or ValidCare’s products or services. Whenever you visit our Site, ValidCare also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, ValidCare’s cookie information, and the pages you request, and relates it to the PHI you provide.
ValidCare collects and uses information you provide for the following purposes:
- Registration— When you register for the Service, we may collect your information as part of the registration process, including but not limited to your e-mail, unique identification information (last 4 digits of SS#, birthdate, etc) sponsoring provider and program preferences.
- Self-Reported Health-Related Information— We may collect the information that you enter during the course of using the Service, such as information regarding your health and/or medical condition and related behaviors.
- Provider-Reported Health-Related Information— We may collect the information about you that is submitted with your permission by your health care provider during the course of using the Service, such as information regarding your health and/or medical condition, including information that is considered protected health information under the HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Social Information— We collect information that you provide to us pertaining to the people with whom you consent to share your protected health information (such as a family member, another patient or doctor), as well as communications between you and such individuals.
- Communications With a Health Professional— We collect communications that take place through the System between you and your healthcare provider, health manager or health coach.
- Email— If you communicate with us via email, then we will collect your email address.
- Automatically Tracked Health-Related Information— We may use automated tracking methods such as cookies, GPS data, and connected accelerometers, to collect information regarding your behaviors relative to the Service.
- Demographic Information— We may also collect demographic information, such as age, gender and geographic location, as part of your profile in the System.
You may affirmatively opt-out of receiving future messages and announcements and remove your name from our mailing lists. The opt-out provisions do not apply to information collected by cookies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your visits to the Site, or information we may retain to comply with legal requirements.
You may dis-enroll from the Service at any time by emailing ValidCare customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site uses a software technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small text files that we place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Cookies themselves do not contain any PII.
“Web beacons” are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time for this purpose.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
ValidCare does not rent, sell, or share your information with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your authorization to share such information, or when we provide the information to companies or consultants working on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies and consultants may use your PHI to help us communicate with you about offers from ValidCare and our marketing partners. However, these companies and consultants do not have any independent right to share this information.
We may also be required to disclose your information in response to a legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena to comply with its applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose your information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our End User License Agreement, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our products and services and with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. In addition, we may transfer your information to an entity or individual that acquires, buys, or merges with ValidCare, or our other business units.
Confidentiality and Security
We have taken reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that all information collected will remain secure and in its original form, i.e., free from any alteration. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. All of your information will be stored and processed within North America.
ValidCare is not responsible for and will not be a party to any transactions between you and a third party provider of products, information or services. ValidCare does not monitor such transactions to ensure the confidentiality of your PHI, including credit card information. Any separate charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties linked to ValidCare’s Site are solely your responsibility.
Accessing Your Information
You may request access to your PHI and request information about our collection, use and disclosure of such information by contacting us email@example.com. We use best efforts to keep our records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information. Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny you access when required by law or if disclosure would likely reveal personal information about a third party.
Disclosure for Marketing and Business Purposes
We may also license, sell or otherwise share aggregated, de-identified versions of your PHI and other data (“Aggregated Information”) with institutional clients, partners, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
- Termination— ValidCare reserves the right to decide, at its sole discretion, to no longer offer you the Service. If ValidCare decides to terminate your account, ValidCare will either return or permanently destroy any copies it maintains of your PHI in accordance with its obligations under federal or state law.
- Children— ValidCare does not knowingly collect PHI from children under the age of 13, and our Service is not directed at users under the age of 13. If we find that PHI has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 13, we will immediately delete it.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, or wish to correct your profile information, please email ValidCare at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at ValidCare, 558 Castle Pines Parkway, Suite B4-345, Castle Pines, CO 80108